Wednesday, 3 August 2011
Yesterday saw the Delta rocket have its first pressure test the rocket performed well up to 50 psi when booster 2 had a slight leak the problem was as the nozzle had moved upwards in the gardena connector as with this design it only takes 5-8mm of movement and the o ring comes out of its seat so i will bend the booster wire connectors to ensure less movement on the next test as i released the rocket from the launcher it seemed to all move together correctly so im hoping we should have a successful launch soon.
Monday, 1 August 2011
Items i used:
1x fiberglass tube (old fishing rod)
1x small square of bottle pet
1x coat hanger or similar wire
small amount of sikaflex glue
Over the weekend saw the completion of another rocket that i have been wanting to finish for a while its a 4.2L rocket with 2 splice pairs also with this rocket it has a jet foaming tube inspired by aircommand this tube has been epoxyed to the lower bottle it also has a side deployment recovery system this has a tomi timer delay also i have made a trigger for the timer this is the first rocket with the new design more info on my next blog update, the rocket is very light so i will try using a 7mm and 9mm nozzle with a water foam mix.